Thanks for making games!
The Building 71 Incident
A downloadable game for Windows
Between 1997 and 1998, building 71, at a university in the south of Brazil, was closed after allegations of a gas leak. However, during this period, on several occasions, suspicious activities were detected from within the building. An employee whose identity was not disclosed, decided to investigate and record the origin of such activities. The man ended up being considered missing by the police, but portions of the recording are now being released to the public.
- Hey, my name is Bruno Pressanto and I made this game in two months for my ongoing Undergraduate Thesis, supervised by Professor Marcelo Fardo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- As such, I'd like to ask you to answer my questionnaire after you finished playing as it would help me immensely. You can access the questionnaire HERE or simply follow the instructions at the game's end screen, which will send you to the same page.
- Feel free to share your gameplay YouTube video here so I can watch it!
- If you enjoyed the game, please consider donating. Also, if you'd like to talk to me and know about my future projects, follow me on Twitter (@ScaryCube).
Entre 1997 e 1998, o bloco 71, em uma universidade no sul do Brasil, foi interditado por indícios de vazamento de gás. Contudo, durante esse período, foram evidenciadas, em diversas ocasiões, atividades suspeitas vindas de dentro do edifício. Um funcionário, cuja identidade não foi revelada, decidiu investigar e gravar a origem dessas perturbações. O homem acabou sendo considerado como desaparecido pela polícia, mas partes da gravação estão sendo liberadas ao público.
- Oi, o meu nome é Bruno Pressanto e fiz este jogo em dois meses como parte do meu TCC, orientado pelo professor Me. Marcelo Fardo (email@example.com).
- Por isso, gostaria de pedir que você respondesse ao meu questionário depois de terminar de jogar, pois isso me ajudaria imensamente. Você pode acessar o questionário AQUI ou simplesmente seguir as instruções na tela final do jogo, que o direcionará para a mesma página.
- Sinta-se à vontade para gravar sua experiência com o jogo e compartilhá-la aqui para que eu possa assistir!
- Se você gostou deste jogo, por favor, considere fazer uma doação. Além disso, se você gostaria de falar comigo e saber sobre meus projetos futuros, siga-me no Twitter (@ScaryCube).
|Updated||9 hours ago|
|Published||8 days ago|
|Made with||Unity, Blender, Adobe Photoshop, Audacity, Adobe Illustrator|
|Tags||3D, Atmospheric, Creepy, Horror, Immersive, Narrative, Psychological Horror, Retro, suspense, vhs|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||English, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Game Launch7 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I love the concept, the art style and the audio were great and I really like the backstory that's going on in this game!
I really don't have anything bad or critical to say about this game, so overall a really good game to me!! :D
Game Review: Loved #VHS perspective of the game adds a scary vibe reminding of #SilentHill series. Music and Sound effects are perfect which even gave goosebumps to me at certain points in the game. There is a sense of tension in the gameplay which is really important for a horror game. Thing I didn't like was lack of jump scares other than that game is a masterpiece. Rating: 8/10
fyi i filled your google form, check it
there are some...things for you to decipher
Comments below clip.It's nice to play a horror game without the usual jumpscares. The 1990's feel, with VHS tapes, computers with floppy disks and a moon cult, form an excellent setting to be dragged into the unknown and weird. Being incapacitated occasionally, incites a feeling of helplessness, as one's simply turned into a hapless witness, the same way pilots get a front row seat during a plane crash. So, without the usual gore and blood, this game excels at delivering a bang for a buck [even though it's free]. It was a pleasure to play and I thank all involved in making it. Well done!
The game was fun and gave me a sense of dread I currently didn't have headphones on hand but the sound design/quality was nice and I'm glad the issue of not being able to read notes was fixed cause on my first play through the story made little sense
over all a 8/10
there were parts that were scary
there were parts that were above average
but the story I don't think was expressed in a great way or was not explored thoroughly enough as far as I got from it there is a second moon and we are chosen to be one of the ascended
but the best part of the game was when you lock yourself in the room at the end of the corridor